I’ve recently replaced my Brooks shoes with Mizuno shoes for road...
You’ve likely seen this report about the women’s winner at Chickamauga this past weekend being DQd because her finish time was a virtual impossibility given her 13.1 split. Read here and let me know what you think. This was my third marathon in 2010, It is 2 loops around the Chickamauga Battlefield park, on a […]
I’ve put together a Running Shoe Brand Tag survey. I got the idea after listening to a design podcast that discussed the development of brands, names, logos, and other things vital to creating a marketable product identity. I thought it would be fun to do a survey about Running Shoe Brands. Open the survey […]
Took a couple of months off from this site to finish and revise a book manuscript (for my academic life) that had been languishing for several years after I became a Department Head. I’ve submitted it to the press, secured a cover image, and acquired various rights and permission to use some formerly published […]
1. Nike has a training and treatment plane 2. I ran behind her for about a mile then she left me as we climbed an insane hill ( I suppose I should report on my last 2 races) 3. Sadly, “crop-fit” race was canceled. (HT to Running is Funny) (I’m waiting for the day when […]
1. Why so many themed races have failed lately 2. Elite field announced for Chicago 3. Great tips from Ultramarathon elites 4. Death valley puts an end to daytime races 5. Here’s a smile for Friday
1. Finding comfort in discomfort 2. Does stretching loosen muscles or tendons? 3. The timing of “heel off” in different running shoes 4. Transitioning to fall marathon training 5. One parent’s take on the growth in High School Cross Country
1. 103 year old man challenges Usain Bolt to a race 2. This more a history of UltraAspire race vests and not a comprehensive history, but still a decent read 3. Don’t pants a US Marshall (HT to Running is Funny) 4. How soccer can make a runner faster 5. Can exercise cause ALS? (It can […]
1. A minimalist vacuum forming shoe 2. A glossary for 100-milers 3. How donating blood can have an impact on training and racing 4. The Camelbak hydration system, then and now 5. Is age-related decline in endurance sports inevitable?
1. Pro tennis player says marathon training helps her game 2. UMTB results 3. How many runners heel strike even if they THINK they don’t 4. Rory Bosio repeats as UTMB champ 5. Lake Tahoe 200 is coming up
1. Finding renewal while running 2. Wrong pace = race day fail 3. Marathon du Medoc. Run a marathon while drinking wine. Maddy Hribar would love this one. 4. UTMB is this weekend 5. Reinventing the wheel
1. Cool maps of where runners run in cities (hint: near the water, and in more affluent areas) 2. Ten quirky races 3. Awesome. Anatomy of an easy run day from an elite coach 4. Interesting: can a team have too much talent? 5. When parents should speak to their kid’s coach and when not […]