I’ve recently replaced my Brooks shoes with Mizuno shoes for road...
1. Nike has a training and treatment plane 2. I ran behind her for about a mile then she left me as we climbed an insane hill ( I suppose I should report on my last 2 races) 3. Sadly, “crop-fit” race was canceled. (HT to Running is Funny) (I’m waiting for the day when […]
1. Why so many themed races have failed lately 2. Elite field announced for Chicago 3. Great tips from Ultramarathon elites 4. Death valley puts an end to daytime races 5. Here’s a smile for Friday
1. Finding comfort in discomfort 2. Does stretching loosen muscles or tendons? 3. The timing of “heel off” in different running shoes 4. Transitioning to fall marathon training 5. One parent’s take on the growth in High School Cross Country
1. 103 year old man challenges Usain Bolt to a race 2. This more a history of UltraAspire race vests and not a comprehensive history, but still a decent read 3. Don’t pants a US Marshall (HT to Running is Funny) 4. How soccer can make a runner faster 5. Can exercise cause ALS? (It can […]
1. A minimalist vacuum forming shoe 2. A glossary for 100-milers 3. How donating blood can have an impact on training and racing 4. The Camelbak hydration system, then and now 5. Is age-related decline in endurance sports inevitable?
1. Pro tennis player says marathon training helps her game 2. UMTB results 3. How many runners heel strike even if they THINK they don’t 4. Rory Bosio repeats as UTMB champ 5. Lake Tahoe 200 is coming up
1. Finding renewal while running 2. Wrong pace = race day fail 3. Marathon du Medoc. Run a marathon while drinking wine. Maddy Hribar would love this one. 4. UTMB is this weekend 5. Reinventing the wheel
1. Cool maps of where runners run in cities (hint: near the water, and in more affluent areas) 2. Ten quirky races 3. Awesome. Anatomy of an easy run day from an elite coach 4. Interesting: can a team have too much talent? 5. When parents should speak to their kid’s coach and when not […]
1. Train like the elites if you want to grow as a runner 2. Go Pro + dog mount = perfection 3. The Seduction of Addiction: A Runner’s Confession 4. Beer in gel packs. Why, that’s the best idea since this Billy Blaze! 5. Ultra running’s humble champion
1. Race report from the Fat Dog 120 miler 2. This feels recycled, but still interesting still: celebrities who run 3. Will the 2-hour marathon happen sooner rather than later 4. Pete Larson reviews the Salomon S-Lab Sense Ultra 3 (I ran in the Sense 2’s last weekend and wasn’t pleased. I should’ve worn these) 5. […]
1. Pam Smith on how to recover properly 2. A tale of two races 3. Strengthening vs stretching for plantar fasciitis 4. Should you train using gels and nutrition, or “save” them for the race? 5. Go low carb, high fat if you want to run slow