5 sources of inspiration from yesterday’s tragedy:
1. When the bombs went off, we ran toward the screams, not from them.
2. Runners crossed the finish, and kept running to donate blood.
3. People like my friend Bill Fisher (working the finish line as a post-race medic) put their lives in danger to help.
4. The people we can’t live without, nor do we pay enough ran to help us.
5. 78 year old Bill Iffrig was knocked down by the blast 15 yards from the finish line. He got up and finished his race.
Run today for those who can run no more. Run to remember this day. Run to show our resilience. Run to celebrate the safety of friends and loved ones.